Gaining clarity on the Dallas mini-tour
- I recieved an email from a friend, saying that he wants to update me on his plans to install a pico-sized brewing system at his Lakewood home.
- Then I saw a notice that Lakewood Brewery is coming to Richardson to host a beer tasting in a couple of weeks.
- And finally, I found this handy guide of local (DFW) breweries and their tour operations/attractions (click headline below to be taken to the full article).
This all started me thinking about incorporating a local brewery (and maybe also a tap room for the end of the trail) into our planned Dallas mini-tour. A few good barbecue joints, a brewery, and a tap room sounds like just the ticket! A beautiful day, this brewery guide, our list of DFW BBQ Tour targets, and a GPS. That's all we need. I'm getting hungry!
Brentney's Guide contains:
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Company – The Daddy of All Local Breweries
- Deep Ellum Brewing Company – Four Horsemen of the Beerpocalypse
- Peticolas Brewing Company – The Marrying Kind
- Lakewood Brewing Company – The Captivating Siren
- Four Corners Brewing Company – Westside Story
- FireWheel Brewing Company – A Country Beer Can Survive
- Plus, the best bars in Dallas to find craft brews:
- Meddlesome Moth in the Design District
- Common Table in Uptown
- World of Beer on SMU Boulevard
- World Beer Company on Lower Greenville
- Craft and Growler in Fair Park
- Goodfriend in East Dallas
- Strangeways on Fitzhugh
- Flying Saucer in Addison (with locations in Fort Worth and on Lake Ray Hubbard)
- Union Bear in Uptown Dallas