If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Taylor Cafe
- Ribs - Big spare ribs... Damn, those are good! Smoky, nearly fall-off-the-bone-tender. Melt in your mouth goodness! Must... stop... eating... rib.
- Brisket - Slices cut from the 'moist' end of the brisket. Tender and flavorful with a little salt on the finish. This is good stuff. Nice smoke ring: doesn't explode with smoke, but a good smoke/meat balance.
- Sausage - Firm and [black] peppery. Pork/beef mix? Either too lean or cooked too long today - is kind of dry. I can't decide... My mind keeps wandering back to that rib!
- Not rated
- Hole in the wall, but has a long history here
- Right next to the tracks, and a train rolls by as we arrive
- Stools at the counter, but we moved to a table for "family-style" service
- Folks are all friendly and service is good