There's not much point in complaining about high-tech barbecue. It serves a purpose, and it's here to stay. And no doubt the quality of it will keep on improving. But as the old barbecue joints slowly disappear, each one that remains becomes a bigger treasure.
Smoke Daddy's Review of City Market
- Ribs - What can I say? These are GREAT ribs... maybe best of the tour! Outstanding.
- Brisket - Lean. Got an end piece... kinda like burnt ends. Still good. Lots of flavor in this meat . Tried again and it was better, but not up to their highest standard.
- Sausage - Good flavor here... mild. A bit greasy today and the casing was tough.
- Pintos - Solid. Tasty.
- Still love the experience here. It should be on your short list!
- The pit area is unique and beloved.
- Pictures of 'The Duke' gone???
- Train rolls through as we're finishing