Jesus Loved Barbecue
Smoke Daddy's Review of Smittys Market
- Pork Chop - Oh my. Juicy. Good flavor. On par with Kreuz: Better up front, but meat is a little chewy on the finish.
- Lean - Very good, but maybe a bit too firm today (similar to Mueller's)?
- Moist/Fatty - Marbled mix of meat and fat. Better than Kreuz.
- Sausage - Good flavor, but insides are "mushy".
- "Now Serving Beans" - Standard pintos.
- Same old, historic building that Kreuz inhabited for so long
- Pit area is the same great experience, with flames licking your feet as you walk in the door
- Doesn't look as if process or cooking technique has changed
- Flavor profile of meats is nearly (but not quite) identical to Kreuz. It will be interested to see if changes come
- along to differentiate, or whether they concentrate on getting better using the same model as Kreuz
- New paint in dining room, and a few fixes noticeable (not $100-200K worth, though)
- No paper towels on the tables?