Every joint, from the best to the worst, seems to have people who think the food served there is the very best. Even bad barbecue is somebody's favorite.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Smittys Market
- Pork Chop - Oh my. Juicy. Good flavor. On par with Kreuz: Better up front, but meat is a little chewy on the finish.
- Lean - Very good, but maybe a bit too firm today (similar to Mueller's)?
- Moist/Fatty - Marbled mix of meat and fat. Better than Kreuz.
- Sausage - Good flavor, but insides are "mushy".
- "Now Serving Beans" - Standard pintos.
- Same old, historic building that Kreuz inhabited for so long
- Pit area is the same great experience, with flames licking your feet as you walk in the door
- Doesn't look as if process or cooking technique has changed
- Flavor profile of meats is nearly (but not quite) identical to Kreuz. It will be interested to see if changes come
- along to differentiate, or whether they concentrate on getting better using the same model as Kreuz
- New paint in dining room, and a few fixes noticeable (not $100-200K worth, though)
- No paper towels on the tables?