Just like Moses and his people wandered the desert, I've been traveling the back roads of this country on my own journey to the Barbecue Promised Land. I'd have taken better notes had I known I'd be writing a book.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Hillsdale Bank Bar-B-Q
Everything rated above average. Pork, Sauce, and Atmosphere were my favorites!
- Brisket - Good texture and flavor. Tender... nice.
- Pork - Oh, now this is good stuff!
- Pork Burnt Ends - OK, but oversmoked = bitter.
- Rib - Exterior is a bit tough, but inside is tender and smokey!
- Hot Link - First hot link of the tour (on the last stop). Hot dog with spice.
- Corn Nugget - Good.
- Beans - Sweet. Very good with good meat content.
- Potato Salad - Mustard based, with some vinegar
- Slaw - Crunchy and good.
- Sauce - Very good sauce. Nice balance of all ingredients. Does not cover the flavor of the meat (unlike most in the KC area).
- Hot Sauce - More worcestershire, vinegar, and heat
- Out in the sticks + Old bank building + train caboose = GREAT!
- Next to railroad tracks - evening train rolls by...
- Only open Fri-Sun in the warm months
- Female decor somewhat clashes with bank/RR themes
- Talking about converting the back garden into a beer garden?
- "All dine-in orders served dry!" - LIKE!
- Family run operation by super nice folks
- Greg seems quite knowledgeable about other area BBQ joints