I think it's fair to say Texas has more variations in its barbecue styles than any other state. And more disagreements about them.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Hillsdale Bank Bar-B-Q
Everything rated above average. Pork, Sauce, and Atmosphere were my favorites!
- Brisket - Good texture and flavor. Tender... nice.
- Pork - Oh, now this is good stuff!
- Pork Burnt Ends - OK, but oversmoked = bitter.
- Rib - Exterior is a bit tough, but inside is tender and smokey!
- Hot Link - First hot link of the tour (on the last stop). Hot dog with spice.
- Corn Nugget - Good.
- Beans - Sweet. Very good with good meat content.
- Potato Salad - Mustard based, with some vinegar
- Slaw - Crunchy and good.
- Sauce - Very good sauce. Nice balance of all ingredients. Does not cover the flavor of the meat (unlike most in the KC area).
- Hot Sauce - More worcestershire, vinegar, and heat
- Out in the sticks + Old bank building + train caboose = GREAT!
- Next to railroad tracks - evening train rolls by...
- Only open Fri-Sun in the warm months
- Female decor somewhat clashes with bank/RR themes
- Talking about converting the back garden into a beer garden?
- "All dine-in orders served dry!" - LIKE!
- Family run operation by super nice folks
- Greg seems quite knowledgeable about other area BBQ joints