It's him or me that's what he said; But I can't choose between a vegan and a pot head
So I chose you because you're sweet; And you give me lots of lovin' and you eat meat
Smoke Daddy's Review of BBs Lawnside Bar-B-Que
My favorites were the ribs, sausage, and atmosphere. Oh, and don't forget the awesome bread pudding!
- Brisket - Paper thin. Tender and moise enough to enjoy. Flavor is OK...
- Ribs - Nice color. Will they taste as good as they look? Well, I'm knawing at the bones.
- Sausage - Very course grind with black pepper. I like. Casing snaps, but its not tough. Italian seasonings here, but that doesnt matter. Real good!
- Pork - Tasty and not too greasy. Not too much flavor in the crust/rub... its a little bland.
- Burnt Ends - Fatty. Second bite was more lean. These are good. A little spicy, but not overpowering
- Beans - Overwhelming sweetness up front is balanced by the jalapeno spice on the finish. Beans are soft.
- Fries - Battered wedge fries. Good and crisp with soft insides
- Potato Salad - Soft taters. Creamy mustard based... standard recipe.
- Sauce - Orange, translucent. Good with a hint of cinnamon. Hot version is a little better.
- Bread Pudding Rocks! Best bread pudding on the tour
- Big Parking Lot. Busy, bustling location
- Long communal tables inside
- Cold beer and live music
- Blues on the jukebox when we walk in
- Live music flyers and photographs as decor (reminds me of Antone's)
- Granite pits. Great history here.
- Lindsay gave a great tour, and is the nicest guy! He cooks over night... and all by feel.
Bookmark/Search this post with: