Smoke Daddy's Review of Fiorellas Jack Stack Barbecue
This is about as good as a high-volume, commercial restaurant enterprise can be. My favorites were the beef rib, spare rib, and beans.
- Brisket - Not sliced paper-thin. Good smoke-meat balance. Moist & tender. Rub doesn't add much. Good.
- Rib - Sweet exterior. Fully rendered. Meat is tender, moist, and comes off the bone easily. Best rib of the tour so far (12th stop on KC tour).
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise, of course. However spices are not italian. Good.
- Crown [Beef] Rib - Oh, this is yummy! Greasy, but good. I like the rub used on this beef. Excellent.
- Cheesy Corn Bake - Good cheesy corn.
- Beans - Thick, and very sweet. Lots of drippings & meaty bits. Excellent.
- Potato Salad - Creamy with a touch of mustard... and dill
- Cole Slaw - Crunchy with a creamy-vinegar dressing.
- Sauce - All 3 sauces are heavy on the celery salt... would be a good addition to a bloody mary!
- Bread Pudding - Rum sauce. Wheat bread? Good!
- Sit-down style family restaurant with table service
- Hickory grill is plainly visible from the hallway - nice touch
- Lots of wood used in the decor
- Too nice to be considered a 'joint'
- Quotable: "This could be the nicest barbecue joint I've ever been in." -- XO