Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Fiorellas Jack Stack Barbecue
This is about as good as a high-volume, commercial restaurant enterprise can be. My favorites were the beef rib, spare rib, and beans.
- Brisket - Not sliced paper-thin. Good smoke-meat balance. Moist & tender. Rub doesn't add much. Good.
- Rib - Sweet exterior. Fully rendered. Meat is tender, moist, and comes off the bone easily. Best rib of the tour so far (12th stop on KC tour).
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise, of course. However spices are not italian. Good.
- Crown [Beef] Rib - Oh, this is yummy! Greasy, but good. I like the rub used on this beef. Excellent.
- Cheesy Corn Bake - Good cheesy corn.
- Beans - Thick, and very sweet. Lots of drippings & meaty bits. Excellent.
- Potato Salad - Creamy with a touch of mustard... and dill
- Cole Slaw - Crunchy with a creamy-vinegar dressing.
- Sauce - All 3 sauces are heavy on the celery salt... would be a good addition to a bloody mary!
- Bread Pudding - Rum sauce. Wheat bread? Good!
- Sit-down style family restaurant with table service
- Hickory grill is plainly visible from the hallway - nice touch
- Lots of wood used in the decor
- Too nice to be considered a 'joint'
- Quotable: "This could be the nicest barbecue joint I've ever been in." -- XO