Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Woodyard Bar B Que
Good spot to hang out on a nice afternoon. My favorites were the sauce and atmosphere.
- Brisket - Another deli-slicer, but each slice has both flat & high-side. Not separated.
- Pork - Butt. Good moisture content.
- Pork Chop - Nicely spiced. Moist and fairly tender. Good smoke flavor.
- Spare Rib - Nice spices in rub, but not overpowering. Moist, but just a little tough.
- Baby Back Rib - Meat is rich and a bit gamey (like mutton). Hmmm.
- Sausage - Eckrich. Standard. Commercial.
- Sides (PS, CS) - I wouldn't bother ordering sides next time.
- Sauce - Mild, but very good.
- Hot dog - Not rated, but "Best hot dog on the tour!" -- K-Dawg
- 'Hot Leg' - Smoked chicken wing was good (not rated)
- Working wood yard
- Train rolls by... always a good sign
- Prominent brick pits
- Nice patio; comfortable spot when the weather is nice
- Grandson selling fresh-squeezed lemonade for $1 per glass
- Good value for the dollar
- Aggressive mosquitos
- No beer sales (BYOB?)