Smoke Daddy's Review of LCs Bar-B-Q
Good joint. My favorites were the brisket, beans, sauce, and atmosphere.
- Brisket - Sliced thick, just for us. Has some of the bark still attached (good). Tender, moist, and pulls apart easily. The rub compliments the meat. Very good.
- S. Ribs - Chewy on both the exteriorr and interior. Good smoke.
- L. Ribs - Less of a chewy layer. Simple rub with little or no spice.
- Burnt Ends - Very chewy... let me try another. "Crunchewy".
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise and quartered... then panfried. Very coarse grind, but somewhat salty. Virtually no casing... good spice on finish.
- Pork - Good moisture and fat content, even though sliced paper thin. Nicely done.
- Sauce - Good tomato/vinegar balance, with subtle heat that grows with you. Good spices, but not overwhelming. Nice, if maybe a little salty (celery salt, of course).
- Beans - Medium-thick consisteny. Good balance of sweet and spicy, with heat on finish. Very meaty and good!
- Potato Salad - Whipped/Mashed style, with big chunks-o-tater.
- Slaw - Creamy style, with some vinegar.
- We parked near the woodpile
- Bars on windows indicates a rough neighborhood
- Police officer picking up a to-go order is a good sign
- Roll-naps on the tables
- Decor: Dead animals on the wall, and a photo of Aerosmith eatin' LC's ribs
- Pit behind counter with initials 'LC' welded onto door
- He slices the meat as we order it