This whole place is filled with double boners!
Smoke Daddy's Review of Oklahoma Joes Bbq and Catering
Beans and slaw lead the way. Pork products were the best of the meat offerings.
- Brisket - Sliced against the grain (traditional), but sliced wafer-thin. Pulls apart easily. A little fat left on top of each slice.
- Spare Rib - Big ribs. Nice color; good smoke ring. Tasty. Not much spice in the rub (neither sweet nor hot). Still a little tough on the rib tips ("knuckles").
- Pork - Lean, and pulled into strips. Nice flavor in the bark (rub). Tender and moist without being fatty.
- Sausage - Smooth and firmly packed. Nice meat/spice balance.
- Meats all pre-sliced
- Beans - Kidney and black bean mix. Tomato-based sauce with onion and big chunks of beef. Sweet and tangy. Well-balanced. Very good.
- Potato salad - Good mustard-based with heavy dill
- Slaw - Crunch with spice. Lite creamy texture. Good.
- Sauce - Flecks of black pepper. Smooth, red, partially translucent. Tangy, but liquid smoke is too much.
- Hot Sauce - A little darker; bolder & very spicy
- Just what we needed: BBQ beer, & whisky @ one stop
- Funky combination of businesses, but it seems to work
- Some competition momentos ("Slaughterhouse Five"), but not overdone
- Straight-up. No pretense here.