Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Smokin Guns Bbq and Catering
The pulled pork was the best meat, but my favorites were the beans and the potato casserole.
- Brisket - Very thin slices. Well trimmed, lean, and a little chewy. Piece off the moist side pulls apart easily, is still fairly lean... but also chewy.
- Burnt Ends - Salty, smoky, & spicy. Not all of them are completely rendered... how does that happen with burnt ends?
- Spare Rib - Interesting... inside meat is white like a pork chop. Has a smoke ring, but is not rendered... tough.
- Baby Back Rib - Nice rub! Meat is flavorful, but chewy. Alot of spice here.
- Pulled Pork - Tastes lean - like a pork chop.
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise. Italian... with extra fennel seeds.
- Beans - thick sauce, sweet onions, and lots of meaty bits... Very good!
- Slaw - Venegar-based and tangy. Leaf doesn't crunch, but it is good.
- Potato Casserole - Cheesy with corn flakes and bacon bits.
- Two sauces with essentially the same make-up, except one has added heat. Fairly standard KC-style sauce, but too ketchup-like for my taste.
- Wood panel, basic decor... with walls covered with competition ribbons & banners.
- Trophy display is impressive, but overdone
- Quotable: "Good barbecue speaks for itself" --Double Boner
- Quiet light industrial/warehouse area north of Downtown
- XO, K-Dawg, and FU get a tour of the pits