If people leave your restaurant talking about how good your sauce is, you failed
Smoke Daddy's Review of Earl Quicks Bar-B-Q
Word is that quality has declined over recent years. Our experience was sub-par.
- Brisket - Thin sliced, using another deli slicer. Water/moisture on the cuts from a covered steam pan. Piece off the top is tough, especially for being sliced so thin.
- Rib - Big ribs with the membrane on. Smoky flavor with some bitterness present. Mostly rendered.
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise and pan-fried. Breakfast sausage spices. Would be good with eggs.
- Pork - See brisket.
- Beans - Thick, sweet & smoky. Good.
- Macaroni Salad - Sweet & tangy. Cool.
- Potato Salad - See Mac. salad.
- Slaw - Creamy & sweet. Crunch is gone, and the leaf is a little bitter.
- Sauce - Cinnamon and nutmeg, with a kick. Weird... but kinda like Christmas Wassail. Reminds me a bit of Riscky's in Fort Worth.
- Joint-like drive up appeal with muy mucho hickory alongside the building
- Fake brick wall-covering & bright orange formica booths
- Very friendly lady behind the counter