I would a whole lot rather you taste the flavor of the meat before you put anything on it. Taste the time and energy that went into it.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Earl Quicks Bar-B-Q
Word is that quality has declined over recent years. Our experience was sub-par.
- Brisket - Thin sliced, using another deli slicer. Water/moisture on the cuts from a covered steam pan. Piece off the top is tough, especially for being sliced so thin.
- Rib - Big ribs with the membrane on. Smoky flavor with some bitterness present. Mostly rendered.
- Sausage - Sliced lengthwise and pan-fried. Breakfast sausage spices. Would be good with eggs.
- Pork - See brisket.
- Beans - Thick, sweet & smoky. Good.
- Macaroni Salad - Sweet & tangy. Cool.
- Potato Salad - See Mac. salad.
- Slaw - Creamy & sweet. Crunch is gone, and the leaf is a little bitter.
- Sauce - Cinnamon and nutmeg, with a kick. Weird... but kinda like Christmas Wassail. Reminds me a bit of Riscky's in Fort Worth.
- Joint-like drive up appeal with muy mucho hickory alongside the building
- Fake brick wall-covering & bright orange formica booths
- Very friendly lady behind the counter