Smoke Daddy's Review of Big Boys Barbecue
My favorites were the jalapeno popper, "My Way" country style ribs, and our desserts. The brisket and rib were also both very good!
- Brisket - Great texture, tenderness, moisture. Well-cooked and fully rendered. Nearly melts in the mouth. Mild smoke, and its been held/ovened... no crispness to the bark/crust/outside brown.
- Rib - Sweet glaze applied. Tender & juicy. A bit on the greasy side, but very good. Re-heated?
- "My Way" Country Style Rib - Good nuggets-o-meat here! Nice flavor... where the pork chop meets the rib.
- Sausage - Same as Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (it doesn't taste as good as it looks)
- Beans - Fair.
- Potato Salad - Fairly standard flavors, with some shreds of carrot and a nice crunch.
- Slaw - Creamy base... with something different (coconut milk?)
- Cornbread - Standard, but good.
- Jalapeno popper - Outstanding! This may be the best side item on the tour... ever! Yeah, its that good.
- Key Lime Pie and Cream Cheese Delight were both excellent.
- Small metal building (new construction) with a big parking lot
- Wonder if they fill this lot?
- We arrive @ 7:30p
- Mesquite fence inside as a room divider
- Tables with leather barrel-back chairs
- Mr Marth was very hospitable and gave a good tour
- Cowboy-style using mesquite (Similar to Coopers)