He was a wise man who invented beer.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Lemons Bar-B-Q
- Brisket - They don't separate the point from the flat, so you get both fatty and lean in most slices. Meat is ok, but there is noticable bitterness from the smoke.
- Rib - Trimmed back, not too much meat on these. Somewhat overcooked.
- Sausage - Commercial; I'm guessing Eckrich.
- Beans - Green peppers & onion, with black pepper on the finish. Good.
- Potato Salad - "Skin-on" mustard-based style. Good.
- Slaw - Some of the crunch has left the leaf.
- Sauce - Bold flavors, with a bunch of individual spice profiles: Garlic salt; Onion powder; Celery salt are noticeable above others.
- Cornbread - Dense & dry.
- Very good joint drive-up appeal... it had promise from the outside
- The place was absolutely empty when we arrive, just a couple of kids minding the store
- You can feel the grease from the deep fryer in the air of the joint
- All the meat was panned together and waiting... never a good indication.
- The crew wants to abort this stop as soon as we step inside