Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Smittys Bar-B-Q
- Brisket - Good Smoke. Fat trimmed off the slices. This is a "stand-up" style brisket: firm & lean. Slices turn out to be a little dry. Good.
- Rib - Mild smoke. Tender, but not quite done @ the breast bone
- Homeade Sausage - Course-grind... very good! Made with brisket???
- Sausage - Commercial product... Hillshire Farms?
- Cabrito - Yea! Rich chunks of dark meat here; Has some 'funk' to the flavor... a bit gamey.
Note: all meats are dusted with "magic spice" (rub)
- Beans - Red Beans & Rice; Can substitute pintos. Good.
- Potato Salad - Interesting orange tint. Texture is soft/loose. And flavors include vinegar, oil, and mustard. This is definitely not your run-of-the mill ps. Different and very good.
- Sauce - Thin consistency, with heavy addition of liquid smoke.
- Hot Sauce - Mustard, garlic, & cayenne. Good.
- Good drive-up "joint" appeal
- Good use of longhorns in decor
- Service is not fast... this is "slow food"
- Rest rooms located outside of the dining room
- J&R pits are out back