Smoke Daddy's Review of Hard Eight Barbeque
The prime rib and banana pudding were my favorites here (although prime rib is cheating a bit in barbecue). The rib and brisket were not far behind, and the atmosphere on the patio was terrific!
- Brisket - Sliced with a bit of the high side. Very little or no rub on the crust... needs a bit of salt to bring the flavors out. Very good.
- Rib - This is a good rib! Again very light on the rub... almost absent. Bark is tough at the breast bone (knuckles).
- Sausage - Similar in style and grind to commercial... except its not.
- Jalapeno Sausage - Not fresh jalapenos... similar to regular sausage with some heat.
- Prime Rib - On the rare side... but that's OK for prime rib. A little salt really brings the flavor out. YUM!
- Beans - Salty pintos, otherwise good.
- Potato Salad - New potatoes; mustard-style with 'sticky' texture. Good.
- Sauce - Mild, with light flavors. No heat in the spice profile. Good utility... works across meats.
- Slaw - Fresh mix with red and green bell peppers. Vinegar-based dressing. Very good.
- Cornbread Salad - Like a corn relish... good mixture.
- Banana Pudding - More accurately: "Banana Mousse"... Excellent.
- Cannot be considered a joint
- Modern cowboy-style barbecue restaurant
- Very proud of their product... in the upper tier on price
- Serving free beer in tiny cups
- Inside smells like gasoline, so we move to the patio
- Love this patio!