If people leave your restaurant talking about how good your sauce is, you failed
Smoke Daddy's Review of Wilbers
Atmosphere is outstanding, and the pork is just behind. This place is built solid, and serving up an honest plate of 'Q.
- Pork - This is good stuff. Moist & flavorful. A bit salty, but it brings out the flavors. Very Good.
- Beef - Recommended by a fellow that we also saw at Skylight. Good.
- Meat is chopped and sauced/dipped in the kitchen. Dip is brownish and has more substance than others seen today. It also has a nice spice to it. Table dip has red wine vinegar... similar to Skylight (and different than the dip coming from the kitchen).
- Brunswick Stew - Brown, with corn & lima beans.
- Corn Sticks - Hot & fresh. Best sticks yet today... Austin wants some powdered sugar to make a funnel cake!
- Slaw - So green that it almost glows! It has a twang or zip to it... wasabi or horseradish? I like it! More vinegar than sugar. Very good.
- Potato Salad - Mushy. Mustard-based, but sweet. Very good.
- Banana Pudding - Lots of Nilla wafers. Not so much custard.
- Solid brick construction
- Boiled peanuts & produce stand out front
- Nahunta Pork Center benches
- Table service; Sit-down joint
- Friendly folks make it feel like home... we stay a while
- Nice fella gives us the pit tour