Smoke Daddy's Review of Wilbers
Atmosphere is outstanding, and the pork is just behind. This place is built solid, and serving up an honest plate of 'Q.
- Pork - This is good stuff. Moist & flavorful. A bit salty, but it brings out the flavors. Very Good.
- Beef - Recommended by a fellow that we also saw at Skylight. Good.
- Meat is chopped and sauced/dipped in the kitchen. Dip is brownish and has more substance than others seen today. It also has a nice spice to it. Table dip has red wine vinegar... similar to Skylight (and different than the dip coming from the kitchen).
- Brunswick Stew - Brown, with corn & lima beans.
- Corn Sticks - Hot & fresh. Best sticks yet today... Austin wants some powdered sugar to make a funnel cake!
- Slaw - So green that it almost glows! It has a twang or zip to it... wasabi or horseradish? I like it! More vinegar than sugar. Very good.
- Potato Salad - Mushy. Mustard-based, but sweet. Very good.
- Banana Pudding - Lots of Nilla wafers. Not so much custard.
- Solid brick construction
- Boiled peanuts & produce stand out front
- Nahunta Pork Center benches
- Table service; Sit-down joint
- Friendly folks make it feel like home... we stay a while
- Nice fella gives us the pit tour