Smoke Daddy's Review of Deanos Barbecue
Solid joint with our favorites being the homemade banana pudding and pimento cheese. Barbecue is good after being re-heated and held... but excellent when consumed fresh from the smoker. Double-Boner takes a quart of pimento cheese to-go!
- Course Chop - Tender meat. Pork chop flavors. Moist & good.
- Slice - Getting a lot more smoke flavor on the slice. Very moist.
- Both main fare products had been either steamed or re-heated
- Deano brings some fresh outside brown. This is fabulous! Too bad we weren't served this at the start.
- Pup - Smaller, dense, and sweet.
- Slaw - Tomato flavor, with less vinegar than most
- Dip - Red, translucent. Sweet & sour. Compliments the meat flavor without covering the food.
- Banana Pudding - Homemade (from scratch). Rich & creamy... this is tops!
- Deano greets us with a smile... he's straightening his woodpile in preparation for a fresh delivery
- Boney & Buck are on Deano's wall.
- Cheery waitresses - as advertised.
- Deano comes out and checks on diners several times.
- He says he only cooks approx every other day now.