Smoke Daddy's Review of Fuzzys
This joint has a solid history and good local following. My favorites were the banana pudding, Brunswick Stew, and BBQ Slaw.
- Sliced - This has been in a steam tray for quite a while. It is lean and very tender. Would be good with some fried rice, or as sweet-and-sour pork.
- Chopped - Buffalo chopper in use... meat is "minced". Moist & Tender, but where is the smoke flavor?
- BBQ Slaw - Red, with some dark greens mixed in... some heat detected on the finish.
- Slaw - Cream-based and green (although not 'glowing' like at Wilber's).
- Pup - Crispy w/ a salty coating. Not as sweet inside as what we are finding. Longer, pretzel-like shapes (hand-squeezed into the fryer). Because it is somewhat thin, there is not as much bread inside.
- Dip - Lexington style
- Brunswick Stew - Nice. Got some heat to it... I like it!
- Banana Pudding - Homemade. Texture is great - base is custardy, and meringue/topping is nice.
- Cross between a DQ (looks) and a classic Diner (feels).
- Sauce is kept warm in coffee pots
- Pits are not in operation during our visit