One of these days they'll get me. They'll make me change my way of cooking, and when they do, that'll hurt my product. The style of barbecue we have here in Lexington is very unique. I think it will start to fade away.
Smoke Daddy's Review of Short Sugars Pit Bar-B-Q
I thought the sliced was better than the chopped today... primarily because it seemed the fresher of the two. The atmosphere and dip are unique, and must be experienced.
- Sliced - Smoky flavor does come through. Fork tender, with a little chew. Bonus for not being held in a steam pan.
- Chop - More fat = more flavor! Mushy... this has been held awhile? Chunks have a much better texture and smoke flavor. I like the fact that it is hand-chopped.
- Pups - Oniony & a bit chewy. Good with the dip.
- Slaw - White, with flecks of carrot. Light vinegar and cream dressing.
- Dip - Worchestershire & honey are prevalent. Different than every other we've tasted. Unique and good.
- Combo of slaw, sauce, and pork is good.
- Great drive-up appeal
- 50's era drive-in that still offers curb service
- Diner feel inside
- Friendly & prompt service
- Pit is worked from inside the kitchen area. It is not too busy right now, but looks as if that area might become a "hot corner" during busy times.
- Cue is started on an electric smoker, then finished over hardwood