Smoke Daddy's Review of Short Sugars Pit Bar-B-Q
I thought the sliced was better than the chopped today... primarily because it seemed the fresher of the two. The atmosphere and dip are unique, and must be experienced.
- Sliced - Smoky flavor does come through. Fork tender, with a little chew. Bonus for not being held in a steam pan.
- Chop - More fat = more flavor! Mushy... this has been held awhile? Chunks have a much better texture and smoke flavor. I like the fact that it is hand-chopped.
- Pups - Oniony & a bit chewy. Good with the dip.
- Slaw - White, with flecks of carrot. Light vinegar and cream dressing.
- Dip - Worchestershire & honey are prevalent. Different than every other we've tasted. Unique and good.
- Combo of slaw, sauce, and pork is good.
- Great drive-up appeal
- 50's era drive-in that still offers curb service
- Diner feel inside
- Friendly & prompt service
- Pit is worked from inside the kitchen area. It is not too busy right now, but looks as if that area might become a "hot corner" during busy times.
- Cue is started on an electric smoker, then finished over hardwood